Kicking off the 1st weekend with two of my favorite things: dancing and midnight movies.
Let’s see what this city is about.
So Ziegfeld’s/Secrets ended up being me getting caught in a downpour on my bike next to a trapeze school.
Good News: stumbled upon the Yards Park (new fav. park in DC). Feel free to wade into the water feature (especially if you’re already soaking wet).
Bad News: Ziegfeld’s/Secrets will have to be done some other time.
BUT E Street Cinema‘s Midnight Movie of Clue exceeded my expectations.
- You can buy tix ahead of time. (My midnight home, the State Theater in Ann Arbor, MI usually starts selling them 1/2 in advanced).
- Student ID reduced the cost to $9.
- You can show up 15 minutes before the movie starts and have PLENTY of time to get seated.
- They start the movie (w/o previews) right at Midnight so you can catch the Metro home.
- Artomatic: Artists take over a condemned/abandoned building for a month to display art. Afterwards, they knock it down.
- Roy’s Place: One meal, 220(+) sandwiches, endless possibilities.
Being the first of my weekly ventures, let me know how the Before/After format works and/or any suggestions.
The adventure continues…next week.